♥ Tuesday, January 27, 2009 ;; 10:55 PM
Two years ago, i found out that i was a Hainanese.
Today, i found out so much about my mum's family.
Its heartbreaking seriously.
I didnt noe that this can spread and even spread to 3 siblings.
Btw, my mum has 5 bros and 3 sis.
Seen my Da yi (my mum's elder sis) today. I have nv seen her before.
The worst thing is when she stays at Bedok Reservoir and is actually so close to me.
When i saw her and her son, i felt very weird.
Mayb becuz mummy has nv told me much about them.
Felt very upset for her son bt at the same time felt that her son is so brave.
26 this yr, overcomed more problems than anyone else and was a VJC to NTU graduate.
He survived. I didnt noe i have such a smart and brave cousin.
I get to noe so much today. Nt only through my mum bt oso my cousins and my Si yi.
I asked my mum why she didnt tell me all this.
She said that if she did, tears would jus flow.
I didnt noe one family can have so many problems.
I suddenly feel very fortunate, really.
Looking at their home, hearing their problems, knowing tat they didnt celebrate new year for the past 5years, i feel think that im fortunate.
To have new clothes to wear every new year
To have money to spend
To be able to study in poly without thinking about how to pay for the fees.
To have a proper home
Lastly, to have my mum with me. :))
New year this year is special.
Even though its oways nt very interesting.
Bt yeah. special. :)